Call for Papers
The Asia Council for Small Business (ACSB) 2018 Conference (the 6th Asian SME Conference) calls for submissions of extended abstracts from a broad range of topics within the field of entrepreneurship and small business (SME) research in various institutional, organizational and governance contexts through a variety of theoretical lens and using different methodological approaches. Both quantitative and qualitative studies as well as theoretical / conceptual studies are welcome. Possible sub-topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Start-up, New Business
- Policy for Entrepreneurship and SMEs
- Business Models, Strategies, and Performance
- R&D, Innovation, and Technology and Knowledge-based Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship Ecosystem
- Entrepreneurial Finance for New and Growing Businesses
- SMEs and Regional Development
- Family Business, Succession and Business Transfer
- Business and Transaction Networks
- Entrepreneurship Education
- Human Capital, Social Capital and Relational Networks
- Gender and Female Entrepreneurship
- Humane Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship
Extended abstract submission for presentation
- - Extended abstract should provide the principal topic, literature review, methodology, findings, and implications for theory, policy, and/or practice. It should be no more than 4 pages (A4) - excluding exhibits and references.
- - Submissions must be typed and double-spaced with one-inch margins using 12-point Times New Roman font and must be in a single PDF or Microsoft Word file. Submission of PDF files is preferred.
- - Submissions will be blind reviewed. Authors must avoid revealing their identities in the body of the paper.
- - Submission deadline for extended abstracts is March 18, 2018.
- - The scientific committee for the conference will evaluate the submissions.
- - Notification of the outcome of the selection process will be made by April 20, 2018.
Call for Workshop proposals (Session submissions)
The 6th Asian SME Conference also calls for workshop proposals (session submissions) for academic tracks. The organizer of a workshop should submit a workshop proposal as an extended abstract with the same conditions as the usual individual submission above, which will be evaluated and selected by the Scientific Committee. The proposal should provide details on the purpose, the relevance to the conference, the contents and structure, and the schedule of the workshop.
Submission Deadline: March 18, 2018
- We will start also the call for proposals for business experience tracks in due course.
If you have any inquiries regarding paper submission, please contact the Paper Submission Office.
ACSB2018 Paper Submission Office
- c/o JTB Communication Design, Inc.
- Celestine Shiba Mitsui Bldg. 3-23-1 Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8335, Japan
Phone: +81-3-5657-0777 Fax: +81-3-3452-8550